NORTH YORKSHIRE HARROGATE 5338 SE 55 SW RUFFORTH MAIN STREET (north-east side)
5/49 Church of All Saints
Church. 1894-5, by J Demaine and W Brierley incorporating elements of earlier church on same site. Ashlar with slate and leaded roofs. 4-bay nave with south porch and aisle, south tower and single-bay chancel, in Victorian Gothic style. West front: 3-light traceried pointed window flanked by buttresses. To right: return wall of south porch, blind except for one square-headed window. Nave south front: round-arched doorway to porch with foliate decoration to arch and elaborate empty statue niche above. 2- and 3-light square-headed windows in Perpendicular style to aisle. Nave north side: 2-light pointed traceried windows except for single-light, square-headed window to east bay. Tower: massive plain tower with staircase turret to west. South facade: original C12 round-arched doorway with 3-light, square-headed window to right and small staircase window above to left. Clock beneath ogee hood interrupts 2-light belfry opening which is repeated to each face. Cornice band extending around tower reads "To the glory of God and in pious memory of George Middlewood of Rufforth Anno Domini 1894. Lord have loved the habitation of They House, and the place where They Honour dwelleth". Squat recessed spire. Chancel: to south a 2-light traceried pointed window; to north a 3- light round-arched traceried window. East front: 5-light traceried pointed window flanked by buttresses. Interior: north aisle has original Y-tracery window incorporated in west wall and 3-light Perpendicular window incorporated in east wall.
Listing NGR: SE5276751491