SE 65 NW HUNTIN NEW LANE (east side)
2/15 The Rectory
House. 1903. By W Brierley. Brick in Flemish bond, Westmorland slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 first-floor windows to entrance front. 6-fielded-panel door flanked by fixed windows all beneath canopy supported on elaborate scrolled consoles. Low fixed window and tall 2-light transomed staircase window to left. Casements to first floor. Dentilled eaves course. Stacks rising through pitch of roof to left and ridge stack to right, all with round-headed side panels and cogged bands. Garden front: central 2-storey section of 2 canted bays separated by a central window breaks forward, and breaks roof line. Segmental-arched sashes with glazing bars throughout except for a half-glazed door with casement above to right. Central flat dormer. Interior: fanlight with decorative glazing bars over inner hall door. Original open-string staircase with turned balusters and ramped handrail.
Listing NGR: SE6183555781