SE5951SW THE MOUNT 1112-1/19/1094 (North West side) 10/09/70 No.128 (Formerly Listed as: THE MOUNT Nos.116-134 (Even))
House. c1840. Stucco with brick gable walls and chimneys. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys above cellar. 2 bays. The windows are cross casements. The ground-floor windows have semicircular heads and are recessed within moulded semicircular arches with moulded imposts which form the capitals to pilaster reveals. Below the sills there are panelled aprons. The 1st floor windows have cornices and lugged architraves, and open onto a stone balcony carried on brackets, with cast-iron railings. The 2nd floor windows have architraves. The doorway, at the left, is recessed into an arched opening similar to the 2 window arches to its right. The door has 4 panels, and an altered window above. The 2 cellar window openings have segmental arches. Dentilled gutter cornice below blocking course. Narrow strips of brickwork party wall are visible to left and right. Chimneys in front of ridge at left and on ridge at right. INTERIOR: not inspected. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments of the City of York: RCHME: South-west of the Ouse: HMSO: 1972-: 128).
Listing NGR: SE5942751129