SE5952NW OUSECLIFFE GARDENS 1112-1/6/821 St Hilda's Garth 24/06/83
House, now Family Resource Centre. Built in 1848 for Joseph Munby (solicitor). Yellow brick with stone dressings. Hipped slate roof. EXTERIOR: main block symmetrical, of 2 storeys with a 3-bay porch and one bay to each side. The windows are glazing bar sashes. The ground-floor windows of the outer bays have stone panels below their sills. The central window above the porch is blind. At the far left there is a small inserted 1st floor window. The wide ashlar porch has 2 Tuscan columns in antis supporting raised segmental arches. Within the porch there are 2 sashed windows with segmental heads, flanking a doorway with a divided 4-panel door and an overlight with segmental top. The eaves are coved and sprocketed. Chimneys to left and right of centre in front of ridge. At the left there is a one-bay 2-storey link to a servants' wing. The front wall of this wing is of one bay, flanked by pilaster strips and with pivoting windows with glazing bars. INTERIOR: not inspected. (An Inventory of the Historical Monuments of the City of York: RCHME: Outside the City Walls East of the Ouse: HMSO: 1975-: 69).
Listing NGR: SE5914052733