SE6052SW OGLEFORTH 1112-1/27/819 (North East side) 14/06/54 No.13 Cromwell House
Formerly known as: No.14 Cromwell House OGLEFORTH. House, now offices. c1700; C19 alteration and extension; front gable rebuilt c1974, and building renovated c1980. Front of orange-brown brick in Flemish bond on brick plinth with chamfered stone band; stone doorcase and dressings, moulded timber cornice; pantile roof with brick stacks. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and attics; 5-bay front beneath wide pedimental gable: angle pilasters with moulded stone capitals. Central door of 6 recessed panels beneath divided overlight in eared bolection moulded architrave with pulvinated brick frieze and moulded cornice hood. Ground and first floor windows are 12-pane sashes: to gable, three 2x6-pane casement windows with oeil-de-boeuf in keyed brick surround at each end. All windows have moulded stone sills, some renewed; ground and attic windows have flat arches of gauged brick beneath moulded stone cornices. Windows are set vertically in shallow raised brick panels interrupted at base of gable by prominent cornice which breaks across each panel. INTERIOR: not inspected. RCHM record open string staircase with slender turned balusters and heavy moulded and ramped-up handrail. (City of York: RCHME: The Central Area: HMSO: 1981-: 172).
Listing NGR: SE6049852235