EYO4060 - York University Campus 3 Trenches 1-9
|Grid reference||Centred SE 63885 50830 (2078m by 1146m)|
|Civil Parish||Heslington, City of York, North Yorkshire|
|Unitary Authority||City of York, North Yorkshire|
York Archaeological Trust
Large scale development to provide new Campus for York University on 60 hectares of greenfield land to east of Heslington village. Trench 1 has its own interim report - Evaluation recorded a single north-south aligned linear feature, probably a plough furrow. Interim report covering trenches 2-6: A series of evaluation trenches encountered evidence for ridge and furrow and possible field systems. Another report covers trench 7-9. Evaluation trenches encountered field drains of post-medieval date.
- --- SYO2214 Digital archive: NMR. 2019. NMR data.
- --- SYO2296 Unpublished document: York Archaeological Trust. 2008. Trench 1 Heslington East B4.
- --- SYO2297 Unpublished document: York Archaeological Trust. 2008. Heslington East Trench 2-6.
- --- SYO2298 Unpublished document: York Archaeological Trust. 2008. York University Campus 3 Trench 7-9.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Parent/preceding Site Events/Activities (2)
Child/subsequent Site Events/Activities (7)
- EYO231 Campus 3 Fieldwalking Survey (Ref: YORYM:2002.569)
- EYO263 Campus 3 Zone E Desk Based Assessment (Ref: 1069)
- EYO4062 Aerial Photography York University Campus 3 excavation Area A1 and A2
- EYO4448 Heslington East Areas A1 and A2
- EYO4654 Heslington East Area A3 (Fields 8 and 9)
- EYO4655 Heslington East: On Site Archaeology
- EYO640 Heslington East Archaeological Evaluation (Ref: YORYM:2002.569)
Record last edited
Jan 3 2020 10:24AM