EYO4568 - Walmgate Stray
|Grid reference||Centred SE 6145 5048 (16m by 491m) (2 map features)|
|Unitary Authority||City of York, North Yorkshire|
In April and May 2004, an archaeological investigation and analytical field survey was carried out by English Heritage on Walmgate. This survey formed part of a national project by English Heritage, to investigate the archaeological content and historic environments of a selection of urban commons in England.
- --- SYO1313 Unpublished document: English Heritage. 2004. Walmgate Stray York.
Related Monuments/Buildings (7)
- MYO2205 Walmgate Stray (Landscape)
- MYO2224 Walmgate Stray assault course (Monument)
- MYO2209 Walmgate Stray Medieval ridge and furrow (Monument)
- MYO2210 Walmgate Stray Napoleonic ridge and furrow (Monument)
- MYO2223 Walmgate Stray possible target tank position (Monument)
- MYO2220 Walmgate Stray Trench Sections (Monument)
- MYO2221 Walmgate Stray weapons pits (Monument)
Record last edited
Dec 22 2022 1:22PM