EYO4897 - 39-41 Coney Street waterfront zone
|Location||39-41 Coney Street|
|Grid reference||Centred SE 6024 5176 (20m by 20m)|
|Unitary Authority||City of York, North Yorkshire|
York Archaeological Trust
Coney Street waterfront zone. Four trenches excavated within the cellars of 39-41 Coney Street in response to threat from development. Evidence for Roman storage sheds/warehouses for the nearby garrison was discovered. Evidence for a potential wharf or landing place was also discovered close to Coney Street. Archaeological excavationsDepartment of the Environment /1974/67 The Yorkshire archaeological journal Continuation of: Yorkshire archaeological and topographical journal 47/1975/5 Interim : bulletin of the York Archaeological Trust 4.2/1976/25-26 York Archaeological Trust Fascicule 6.1/1986/5-20,89 York Archaeological Trust Fascicule 14.2/1980/45-94 York Archaeological Trust Fascicule 18.1/1986/48 This is likely the same as EYO7457 - see that event too.
- --- SYO145 Microform: YAT microfiche archive 1974.18.
- --- SYO67 Serial: York Archaeological Trust. 1986. The Archaeology of York, Fascicule 6/1. 6/1. Roman warehouses and other riverside structures in Coney Street, p5-21.
- --- SYO2214 Digital archive: NMR. 2019. NMR data.
- --- SYO2652 Serial: YAT. 1976. INTERIM 4. 1-4. 4/2.
- --- SYO2788 Report: Ancient Monuments Lab. 1987. Amphorae from York.
Related Monuments/Buildings (3)
Child/subsequent Site Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 23 2022 3:23PM