Building record MYO1612 - 15 Davygate
No summary available.
|Grid reference||SE 6026 5191 (point)|
|Civil Parish||York, City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (6)
Cafe-ballroom; later Martin's Bank; now shop. 1898; remodelled as the Tudor Cafe 1927; converted to bank 1957; shop from 1981. Red-brown brick in English bond, with timber shopfront, windows and cornice; pantile roof with brick coped gables and left end brick stack; 5-light flat-topped dormer to attic. EXTERIOR: 3 storeys and attic; 3-bay front. Shopfront of sunk panel pilasters, frieze and flat cornice framing small-pane double doors in architrave with cornice, flanked by plate glass canted bay windows with band of square latticed top lights, continued over door as overlight. First and second floor windows rise through both storeys as 5-light canted bays beneath oversailing flat cornice; first floor windows over sunk panelling have moulded mullions and transoms: second floor windows are mullioned, over linenfold panels. Windows are square latticed casements. At each end of the cornice are rainwater goods with embattled rectangular hoppers dated 1927. INTERIOR: not inspected.
Listing NGR: SE6026851920
Derived from English Heritage LB download dated: 22/08/2005
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 8 2016 3:04PM