Building record MYO1629 - BURTONS TAILORS
No summary available.
|Grid reference||SE 6026 5176 (point)|
|Civil Parish||York, City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (3)
Shop. Dated 1931; refitted 1993. By Harry Wilson. For Burton's, Tailors. Reinforced concrete and faience, with metal framed shopfront and windows; concrete and asphalt roof. EXTERIOR: 3-storey, 3-and-half bay front, chamfered on corner site. Entrance through glass double doors, recessed in corner bay, between plate glass shop windows with wide fascias and moulded cornices. At right end of Market Street front are deeply recessed double doors of abstracted linenfold panelling. Upper floors articulated by plain pilaster strips carrying moulded frieze and cornice beneath plain parapet. 3 full bays are divided into 2-storey tripartite windows by Art Deco style fluted half columns with chevron moulded capitals and moulded spandrels in the heads of outer lights: windows are margin glazed with flat glazing strips and divided at second floor level by chevron moulded band. Half-bay at left end of Coney Street front contains 1-light window. Dated foundation stone at left end of Coney Street front. INTERIOR: not inspected.
Listing NGR: SE6026851765
Derived from English Heritage LB download dated: 22/08/2005
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 30 2014 5:21PM