Monument record MYO167 - Fishponds Poppleton Moated Site
|Grid reference||Centred SE 5647 5519 (81m by 39m)|
|Civil Parish||Nether Poppleton, City of York, North Yorkshire|
|Unitary Authority||City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (7)
Resurveyed at 1:2500 in 1963. A well-defined, rectangular, homestead moat, now dry and in good state of preservation. No foundations are visible on its platform.
A triangular fishpond lies to the east of the moat (at SE 5645 5520).
Scheduled Monument Legacy (County No.) NY 1072
Scheduled Monument Legacy (National No.) 28234
SE 5634 5512 MOAT. [GT]. (1)
Resurveyed at 1:2500. A well-defined, rectangular, homestead moat,
now dry and in good state of preservation. No foundations are visible
on its platform. (2) Condition unchanged. (3) SE 564 552. Moated site. Scheduled No NY/1072. (4) A triangular fishpond lies to the east of the moat (at SE 5645 5520). (6)
1. Annotated Record Map Ordnance Survey 6" 1958
2. Field Investigators Comments Field Investigator 30/05/1963
3. Field Investigators Comments Field Investigator 02/01/1975
4. Scheduled Monument Notification English Heritage SAM List North Yorkshire March 1994 p 21
5. Scheduled Monument Notification English Heritage Schedule Entry 31/01/1997
6. Oblique aerial photograph reference number NMR SE 5655/24 (12356/27)
API (UID: 1105240)
EVA (UID: 1406413) Nether Poppleton (Time Team) - 2004
FOB (UID: 551592)
FOB (UID: 551594)
Related Object: AF1326084 RCHME: Vale of York NMP, SE 55 NE
Metadata: Insert 2000; Update 2003
English Heritage, 2011, Vale of York National Mapping Project AMIE data (Unpublished document). SYO1458.
- --- SYO1458 Unpublished document: English Heritage. 2011. Vale of York National Mapping Project AMIE data.
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Jun 10 2019 9:43AM