Monument record MYO4288 - Archibishop Holgate's School
|Grid reference||SE 6046 5228 (point)|
|Unitary Authority||City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (1)
Founded 1546-7 by Archbishop Robert Holgate; in 16-17th century also called The Free School; demolished and rebuilt in 1667; moved 1858-9 to Lord Mayor's Walk; took over Brook St School in 1945.
2015, The British Historic Towns Atlas Vol V, p75 (Monograph). SYO1898.
- --- SYO1898 Monograph: 2015. The British Historic Towns Atlas Vol V. p75.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jan 26 2017 2:55PM