Monument record MYO4613 - Hospital of St Mary the Virgin
|Grid reference||Centred SE 5964 5273 (57m by 77m)|
|Unitary Authority||City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (3)
Robert de Pickeryng, Dean of York, founded a chantry on the site of the first Carmelite foundation in York at Bootham in 1315, and converted and enlarged the site to use as a hospital in 1318. It was suppressed in 1556.
1 Union Terrace : excavations in the Horsefair 18-19 vol.11, fasc.1 by J D Richards, C Heighway and S Donaghey
2 Medieval religious houses in England and Wales 409 by David Knowles and R Neville Hadcock
NMR, NMR data (Unpublished document). SYO2214.
- --- SYO2214 Unpublished document: NMR. NMR data.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 13 2019 1:52PM