Building record MYO4888 - 74 Heworth Green
|Grid reference||SE 6139 5271 (point)|
Type and Period (2)
No. 74, called the Shoulder of Mutton p.h. on the 1852 OS map and kept by John Poulter in 1843 (Directory), was built c. 1840. It is almost square on plan and has a symmetrical front elevation in painted stucco. The central entrance has a heavy hood supported on large consoles; it is flanked by angular bay windows. The two first-floor windows have segmental arches; two first-floor windows in the E. wall retain their original glazing. There is a single-storey addition at the E. end.
'Houses: Heworth', in An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in City of York, Volume 4, Outside the City Walls East of the Ouse (London, 1975), pp. 76-80. Monument 177
BF060689 74 HEWORTH GREEN, YORK File of material relating to a site or building. This material has not yet been fully catalogued
NMR, NMR data (Unpublished document). SYO2214.
RCHME, 1975, RCHME Volume 4, Outside the City Walls East of the Ouse (Monograph). SYO2424.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Apr 5 2020 1:59PM