Building record MYO4928 - 47 Lord Mayor's Walk
|Grid reference||SE 6028 5249 (point)|
|Unitary Authority||City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (1)
No. 47, of two storeys with attics and cellar, was built c. 1830. The site, together with Nos. 49 and 51, was sold in 1828 to Thomas Townend, yeoman, who in 1829 sold them to Thomas Terry, son of the owner of No. 41. In December 1831 Terry sold the properties, which by this time included the newly erected No. 47 already occupied by Ann Campbell, widow, to Miss Mary Brown of Clifton (Deeds). The entrance doorway was similar to that of No. 41 and to the W. of this doorway was a round-headed opening leading to the yard behind No. 51 and giving access to No. 49. Demolished.
'Houses: Hull Road-Malton Road', in An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in City of York, Volume 4, Outside the City Walls East of the Ouse (London, 1975), pp. 80-84. Monument 235
BF060765 47 LORD MAYOR'S WALK, YORK File of material relating to a site or building. This material has not yet been fully catalogued.
NMR, NMR data (Unpublished document). SYO2214.
RCHME, 1975, RCHME Volume 4, Outside the City Walls East of the Ouse (Monograph). SYO2424.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 1 2020 1:51PM