Building record MYO5092 - The Manor House, Walmgate
|Grid reference||SE 6074 5164 (point)|
|Unitary Authority||City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (1)
(514) The Manor House, built c. 1830, is a plain brick building of two storeys, one room deep and now three rooms long but formerly longer (1852 OS map; YG, 19 April 1856). It stood, with a small garden, in the grounds of the Iron Foundry of Gibson and Walker and was the dwelling-house of John Walker (York Historian, 1 (1976), 37–9).
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in City of York, Volume 5, Central. Originally published by Her Majesty's Stationery Office, London, 1981.
BF061924 THE MANOR HOUSE, YORK File of material relating to a site or building. This material has not yet been fully catalogued.
NMR, NMR data (Unpublished document). SYO2214.
RCHME, 1981, City of York Volume V: The Central Area (Monograph). SYO65.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jul 6 2020 4:00PM