Building record MYO552 - STATION HOUSE
No summary available.
|Grid reference||SE 6134 5817 (point)|
|Civil Parish||Haxby, City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (2)
Former stationmaster's house. c1850. Probably by G T Andrews for the York and North Midland Railway. Brick in Flemish bond, Welsh slate roof. Central entry with 2 cross wings to rear. 2 storeys, 3 bays. 4-pane door with radial fanlight in keyed stone surround surmounted by moulded cornice. Sashes with glazing bars beneath cmabered brick arches through- out, those to ground floor in shallow recesses. First-floor band. Stacks rising through rear pitch of roof. The York to Scarborough line was opened in 1845.
Listing NGR: SE6134258173
Derived from English Heritage LB download dated: 22/08/2005
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jul 8 2019 3:33PM