Source/Archive record SYO2017 - 14 Lendal HER ST
|Title||14 Lendal HER ST|
Heritage Statement by York Civic Trust. 14 Lendal also referred to as ‘Robson & Cooper’ is a vacant retail property that was purchased by York Conservation Trust in February 2015. The property has recently been upgraded by Historic England from grade II to grade II*listing (c.2011), as such its deemed to be of particular importance and ranks amongst the top most 8% of all listed buildings in England and Wales. Formally known as ‘Fitzwilliam House’, 14 Lendal is part of a terraced development originally comprising of two three storey townhouses, 10-12 and 14. 10-12 Lendal lies to the west of 14, both properties were built at the same time in early C18th, both have similar appearance and internal features. 10-12 was converted into a bank in c.1957 and subsequently converted into a public house in c.1997, currently named ‘The Graduate’. The land to the rear of 14 was sold to the owners of 10-12 and is now part of the beer garden. The Graduate also occupies 8 Lendal, to the west, which has a much deeper plan.
Referenced Monuments (1)
- MYO1313 NUMBERS 10, 12 AND 14 AND CARRIAGE GATES ATTACHED TO NUMBER 14 (Building)
Referenced Events (0)
Record last edited
Sep 15 2017 11:42AM