SE6051NW MICKLEGATE 1112-1/28/638 (South side) 14/06/54 Nos.11 AND 13
Formerly known as: No.13 MICKLEGATE. Two houses, now two shops. c1740, restored late C20. Variegated brick, original build in Flemish bond; moulded dentilled and modillion eaves cornice, returned at right end; half-hipped pantile roof. EXTERIOR: 3-storey 4-window front. Paired C20 shopfronts beneath continuous cornice on ground floor. C19 bay windows on first floor replaced by C20 unequal 15-pane sashes with soldier brick arches; second floor windows 12-pane sashes with flat arches of gauged brick. All upper floor windows have renewed stone sills. For some years until 1830, No.13 was the residence of Henry Cave, noted York watercolourist and engraver. INTERIOR: not inspected. (Murray H, Riddick S & Green R: York through the Eyes of the Artist: York City Art Gallery: 1990-: 165; RCHME: City of York: London: 1972-: 72).
Listing NGR: SE6009551612