Monument record MYO3765 - Timber Drying Shed (for wagon-works), demolished
No summary available.
|Grid reference||Centred SE 5928 5167 (83m by 81m) (2 map features)|
|Unitary Authority||City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (1)
The york central audit of heritage assets report mentions that the timber drying shed was constructed between 1875 and 1888 and later replaced or adapted to Carriage & Wagon Repair Shop (possibly 1930s) and Store Sheds (1952-3), both of which were demolished between 1961 and 2012
It also denotes that the building has been demolished, though in a significant number of cases, where the site has been levelled but not built upon, foundations may survive up to floor level.
Dr Bill Fawcett, John A Ives and Alison Sinclair, 2013, YORK CENTRAL AUDIT OF HERITAGE ASSETS,NOVEMBER 2013 (Report). SYO1457.
- --- SYO1457 Report: Dr Bill Fawcett, John A Ives and Alison Sinclair. 2013. YORK CENTRAL AUDIT OF HERITAGE ASSETS,NOVEMBER 2013.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Feb 2 2022 1:17PM