Building record MYO4214 - Friends Meeting House Acomb
|Grid reference||Centred SE 5715 5129 (14m by 15m) (2 map features)|
|Unitary Authority||City of York, North Yorkshire|
|Civil Parish||York, City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (2)
A meeting was started in the Foresters' Hall, Acomb, in 1906. Four years later this was recognized as the Acomb Allowed Meeting. The Primitive Methodist Chapel on Acomb Green was bought by the Friends in 1911.
Information from Acomb Buildings Survey (2018):
1 storey religious building. Brick, gritty render and clay pantile. Rectangular form (gable faces street) with entrance extension to left. Twin palladian windows and small 4-pane above. Stone arch above entrance. Tile string course. Condition: Overall fair. Barbed wire detracts from character. Render good, some minor cracks. Some brick damage especially lower courses and side elevations. Insensitive mortar but no major impact. Small spray graffiti on side alley elevation.
No further description provided.
1 An inventory of nonconformist chapels and meeting-houses in the north of England 190 by Christopher Stell
2018, Acomb Buildings Survey (Survey). SYO2119.
- --- SYO2119 Survey: 2018. Acomb Buildings Survey.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
Record last edited
Mar 4 2022 11:51AM