Monument record MYO4653 - YORK CITY WALL between Tower 14 and 16 (Chainage 900-1000)
No summary available.
|Grid reference||Centred SE 5970 5167 (51m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||York, City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (1)
YAT, 2004, York City Walls Chainage 949-1000 Watching Brief (Unpublished document). SYO944.
2017, Inspection Report Chainage 825-925 (Unpublished document). SYO2447.
- Conservation Area Conservation Area 1: Central Historic Core Conservation Area
- Listed Building (I) 463065: BARKER TOWER AND NORTH STREET POSTERN AND CITY WALL FROM BAILE HILL TO BARKER TOWER AND MICKLEGATE BAR AND VICTORIA BAR
- Scheduled Monument 1004910: City Walls, gates, posterns (not including the section from Bootham Bar to Monk Bar, N of the Minster, now part of National Monument No 13280), moats, mounds, Bayle (or Baile) Hill, St Leonard's Hospital and Merchant Taylor's Hall, Aldwark
Related Monuments/Buildings (6)
- Part of: York City Walls (Baille Hill to Barker Tower) (Monument) (MYO1715)
- Related to: Micklegate Bar (York City Walls) (Monument) (MYO2196)
- Related to: YORK CITY WALLS (TOWER 14) (Monument) (MYO4650)
- Related to: YORK CITY WALLS (TOWER 15) (Monument) (MYO4651)
- Related to: YORK CITY WALLS (TOWER 16) (Monument) (MYO4652)
- Related to: YORK CITY WALLS RAMPART (Tower 14-17) (Monument) (MYO4660)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 4 2020 2:03PM