Monument record MYO4667 - YORK CITY WALLS Tower 22
|Grid reference||SE 6015 5226 (point)|
|Civil Parish||York, City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (2)
Demi-hexagonal interval tower, probably 14th-early 15th century in date, on the York town walls. The cruciform arrow slit in the north-west wall is modern.
RCHME, 1962, Inventory of the Historical Monuments in the City of York, Volume 1 Eboracum, p122 (Bibliographic reference). SYO62.
- --- SYO62 Bibliographic reference: RCHME. 1962. Inventory of the Historical Monuments in the City of York, Volume 1 Eboracum. 1. p122.
- Conservation Area Conservation Area 1: Central Historic Core Conservation Area
- Listed Building (I) 463053: BOOTHAM BAR AND CITY WALL FROM BOOTHAM BAR TO LAYERTHORPE AND MONK BAR AND ROBIN HOODS TOWER
- Scheduled Monument 1017777: York Minster cathedral precinct: including Bootham Bar and the length of City Walls extending round the precinct up to Monk Bar
Related Monuments/Buildings (5)
- Part of: YORK CITY WALLS (BOOTHAM BAR TO MONK BAR) (Monument) (MYO1733)
- Part of: York City Walls in entirety (Monument) (MYO3631)
- Related to: YORK CITY WALLS between Bootham Bar to Tower 22 (Chainage 1600-1700) (Monument) (MYO4665)
- Related to: YORK CITY WALLS between Tower 22 and 24 (Chainage 1700-1800) (Monument) (MYO4666)
- Related to: YORK CITY WALLS Rampart Bootham Bar and Monk Bar (Monument) (MYO4678)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Nov 10 2020 1:33PM