SE6052SW LOW PETERGATE 1112-1/27/597 (South West side) 14/06/54 No.71
Formerly known as: No.45 LOW PETERGATE. House and workshop, now shop. Early C17, altered in early C19; workshop extension added to rear in C19; altered C19 shopfront. Timber-framed, fronted in painted brick in Flemish bond; timber shopfront and cornice; hipped pantile roof with rendered stack. EXTERIOR: 3-storey 1-window front. Shopfront has 3-light window with transoms and colonnette mullions: recessed glazed and panelled door with overlight to left; to right, original side passage doorway with divided overlight altered to single plate glass window. Above is deep fascia bowed in centre beneath shallow tripartite first floor bowed window with 4-pane sashes and moulded cornice. On second floor windows, two 16-pane sashes with painted sills and painted flat arches of gauged brick. Modillioned eaves cornice. INTERIOR: timber-frame exposed in front part: towards rear is an elliptical arch on pilasters with imposts: ceiling has moulded cornice and plaster fruit and flower garlands. (City of York: RCHME: The Central Area: HMSO: 1981-: 195).
Listing NGR: SE6036352032