EYO5590 - MICKLEGATE SEWER REPAIR
|Location||Micklegate (near 138)|
|Grid reference||SE 5978 5151 (point)|
|Unitary Authority||City of York, North Yorkshire|
York Archaeological Trust
Observation of trench due for sewer repairs in the centre of Micklegate near no. 138. It measured 4mx3.25m and reached a depth of 4.3m (15.8m AOD). Only the SW face of the trench was recorded. The sewer cut through a natural deposit. (YAT 4/2) Two separate trenches. Earlier road surfaces were observed and several distinct surfaces were recorded but no dating evidence was recovered. The road was believed to be the main Roman road from Tadcaster. YAT/1992/Micklegate Sewer Repair, York: Watching Brief (YAT No 1992.1002)
- --- SYO152 Excavation archive: YAT. 1991. YAT SMALL SITES ARCHIVE.
- --- SYO1793 Unpublished document: YAT. 2015. SW of the Ouse.
- --- SYO2214 Digital archive: NMR. 2019. NMR data.
- --- SYO2657 Serial: YAT. 1992. INTERIM 17. 1-4. 17/3 p7.
- --- SYO2837 Serial: York Archaeological Trust. 2022. The Archaeology of York 4/2 Roman York SW of Ouse 1963-1993. p170.
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
- MYO5233 Roman street (Route)
Child/subsequent Site Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Mar 10 2022 12:46PM