Monument record MYO4664 - YORK CITY WALLS RAMPART (Multangular Tower to Anglian Tower)
|Grid reference||Centred SE 6003 5211 (65m by 89m)|
|Civil Parish||York, City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (1)
Rampart for the medieval wall with Roman origins.
Interim 20/2 details the recording of a section of the Fortress (MYO2015) wall in this area.
YAT, 1995, INTERIM 20, 20/2 (Serial). SYO2660.
- --- SYO2660 Serial: YAT. 1995. INTERIM 20. 1-4. 20/2.
- Conservation Area Conservation Area 1: Central Historic Core Conservation Area
- Scheduled Monument 1004910: City Walls, gates, posterns (not including the section from Bootham Bar to Monk Bar, N of the Minster, now part of National Monument No 13280), moats, mounds, Bayle (or Baile) Hill, St Leonard's Hospital and Merchant Taylor's Hall, Aldwark
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
- Part of: YORK CITY WALLS (MULTANGULAR TOWER AND WALL ATTACHED TO SOUTH EAST) (Monument) (MYO1075)
- Part of: York City Walls in entirety (Monument) (MYO3631)
- Related to: YORK CITY WALL between Multangular Tower and Anglian Tower (Chainage 1500-1600) (Monument) (MYO4663)
- Related to: YORK CITY WALLS Tower 19 (ANGLIAN TOWER) (Monument) (MYO1090)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Oct 12 2021 9:08AM