Monument record MYO4685 - YORK CITY WALLS Tower 33
Rectangular interval tower on the York Mediaeval City wall. This does not appear on any plan before 1822, but is probably late Mediaeval.
|Grid reference||SE 6078 5208 (point)|
|Civil Parish||York, City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (1)
RCHME, 1972, An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in the City of York, Volume II The Defences, p137 (Monograph). SYO63.
- --- SYO63 Monograph: RCHME. 1972. An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in the City of York, Volume II The Defences. p137.
- Conservation Area Conservation Area 1: Central Historic Core Conservation Area
- Listed Building (I) 463053: BOOTHAM BAR AND CITY WALL FROM BOOTHAM BAR TO LAYERTHORPE AND MONK BAR AND ROBIN HOODS TOWER
- Scheduled Monument 1004910: City Walls, gates, posterns (not including the section from Bootham Bar to Monk Bar, N of the Minster, now part of National Monument No 13280), moats, mounds, Bayle (or Baile) Hill, St Leonard's Hospital and Merchant Taylor's Hall, Aldwark
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
- Part of: YORK CITY WALLS (MONK BAR TO LAYERTHORPE) (Monument) (MYO2008)
- Part of: York City Walls in entirety (Monument) (MYO3631)
- Related to: YORK CITY WALLS Rampart Monk Bar to Tower 34 (Monument) (MYO4687)
- Related to: YORK CITY WALLS between Tower 32 and Tower 34 (Chainage 2500-2600) (Monument) (MYO4684)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Nov 10 2020 4:12PM