Monument record MYO2203 - Blossom Street Roman Cemetery (part of)
|Grid reference||Centred SE 5966 5136 (379m by 216m) (16 map features)|
|Unitary Authority||City of York, North Yorkshire|
Type and Period (2)
Area of burials identified along and close to Blossom Street. It extends SW from outside the medieval walls to The Mount. It includes burials in Lowther Terrace on the Holgate Villa site.
1962, Yorkshire Archaeological Journal (Article in Journal). SYO2817.
York Archaeological Trust, 2017, York Station and Queen St Bridge DBA (Unpublished document). SYO2053.
On-Site Archaeology, 2019, 2 The Crescent EVA (Unpublished document). SYO2242.
York Archaeological Trust, 2019, Desk Based Assessment 22-26 Blossom Street (Unpublished document). SYO2367.
- --- SYO2053 Unpublished document: York Archaeological Trust. 2017. York Station and Queen St Bridge DBA.
- --- SYO2242 Unpublished document: On-Site Archaeology. 2019. 2 The Crescent EVA.
- --- SYO2367 Unpublished document: York Archaeological Trust. 2019. Desk Based Assessment 22-26 Blossom Street.
- --- SYO2817 Article in Journal: 1962. Yorkshire Archaeological Journal. XL.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (8)
- EVALUATION: 2 The Crescent EVA (Ref: OSA19EV18) (EYO6634)
- DBA: 22-26 Blossom Street (Ref: 2019/97) (EYO6867)
- EVALUATION: 22-26 Blossom Street (Ref: 2020/8) (EYO7447)
- EXCAVATION: 35-41 Blossom Street (Ref: 1989-90.21) (EYO4748)
- EVALUATION: 9 The Crescent (Ref: 2019/20) (EYO7803)
- EVALUATION: Holgate Villa, Holgate (Ref: OSA11EV01) (EYO6543)
- EXCAVATION: Railway Offices, Holgate Road (EYO6996)
- DBA: York Station and Queen St Bridge (Ref: 2017/105) (EYO6398)
Record last edited
Dec 20 2021 11:00AM